Monday, March 15, 2010

Landfile Transfer Notes

Although we are not quite finished with the CMS project, we are now double-dipping into the Landfile Transfer project. I wanted to make some notes in case I forget what I've done...

First time I attempted to build the existing Phase I Landfile project, there were cwbx.dll reference errors, "The system cannot find the file specified." I had originally referenced the cwbx.dll in place in the IBM folder in Program Files, but now I want to put the dll in the lib directory of the project so I stop losing it. I copied the dll there and made a reference in the project, but got the error that it wasn't a valid dll. So I had to make an Interop for it using tblimp from the Visual Studio command prompt. I renamed the original dll cwbx.org.dll so that I could call the interop assembly cwbx.dll and not have to change the Imports statements in the code before I even started coding again. The build then succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment